The role of the volunteer Administrative Assistant includes the following:
- Photocopying/scanning letters and other documents and literature as required.
- Filing of client sensitive information i.e., case notes and correspondence.
- Updating of publicity and reference materials as required.
- Should be competent in the use of Microsoft Word and a working knowledge of Microsoft/Windows applications, including Excel.
- Retrieval and inputting of statistical information.
- Updating and setting up databases for mail outs i.e. using Mail merge.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
- Answering the telephone and retrieving messages.
- Downloading and responding to emails.
- Updating of computer software
All paid staff and volunteers are expected to work at all times with regard to the Aims, Principles and Policies of the Service.
It is also important that they are aware of their working environments and report any issues that may adversely affect their or other team member’s health or safety.
Any concerns about health and safety should be reported to the Service Manager or the Chief Executive immediately.Apply for This Role